As a Religious Scholar of Chaminade University of Honolulu, you have been selected to receive this scholarship due to your high academic achievements and your commitment to service to your church, community, and school. The goal of the award is to instill the Marianist education values of service and to build the Kingdom of God in the Marianist tradition.
As a condition of your scholarship, you acknowledge the following:
- Maintain the minimum of 2.5 GPA
- Attend Religious Scholar events.
- Register under “Campus Ministry” in PRESENCE.
- Monthly check-in with assigned Campus Minister
- Meeting times to be determined by you and the Campus Minister.
- Complete 20 hours of community service per semester, totaling to 40 hours per academic year. Roll over hours accepted only for the spring semester of that same year. All hours must be submitted through TRACK IT FORWARD.com. The website is managed by Campus Ministry to track/confirm community service hours.
- Submit a Reflection Paper or Video at the end of every semester. Guiding questions will be provided by Campus Ministry mid-semester.
Religious Scholars Contract
Mandatory Fall 2020
- September 15 – Religious Scholars Orientation
- September 18 – Fall Spiritual Convocation
- October 5 – Virtual Fr. Mackey Lecture
- October 19 – Intro. to Marianist Spirituality
- November 4 or 18 – sharetheJOY series (choose one)
- In the spirit of building community… here are some other ways to connect with your peers through programs provided by different offices here on campus.
- #sharetheJOY series – Wednesdays 4pm Zoom
- OSAL/CSPB/CSGA events
- Emancipation Day Events: 9/15, 9/22
- Marianist Leadership programs
- 4th Night (virtual)- Mondays 6:30PM Zoom
- LIFT groups (virtual)