As a Chaminade Scholar of Chaminade University of Honolulu, you have been selected to receive this scholarship due to your high academic achievements and your commitment to service to your church, community, and school. The goal of the award is to instill the Marianist education values of service and to build the Kingdom of God in the Marianist tradition.
As a condition of your scholarship, you acknowledge the following:
- Maintain the minimum of 2.5 GPA
- Register under “Campus Ministry” in PRESENCE.
- Monthly check-in with assigned Campus Minister
- Meeting times to be determined by you and the Campus Minister.
- Complete 15 hours for each semester. All hours must be submitted through TRACK IT FORWARD.com. The website is managed by Campus Ministry to track/confirm community service hours.
- Attend mandatory events.
- Submit a Reflection Paper or Video at the end of every semester. Guiding questions will be provided by Campus Ministry mid-semester.
Religious Scholars Contract
Please see contract for more details on the required events and meetings per semester. Scholars, please note that the real purpose of attending events or fulfilling requirements is to build and invest upon a holistic college experience. This Chaminade Scholars Program is an investment into the person GOD IS CALLING YOU TO BE…. the BEST VERSION OF YOURSELF. Anyone can go through the motions and get by with doing the very basics of what is “required” here. The difference in a college experience and a GREAT college experience is based primarily on YOU.
YOU WILL GET OUT WHAT YOU PUT IN.
Invest in your education, in your faith, in your school, in your community, and by doing so you’ll be investing in the BEST VERSION OF YOURSELF… the person God has called you to be for others and for Himself.
You must be logged in to post a comment.